Friday, March 19, 2010

Like never before and guess never after

When i stepped out of my car in front of nuts n spices, little did i know what was awaiting us. Scared to park the car on the road for fear of it being noticed i stepped into her house to change my formal wear into something interesting. Amidst approvals from Miss Bewafa and Miss What's In, I made myself presentable and finally zoomed past the busy roads to our next destination. There was awaiting another car to take us to our destination or should I say destinations? From one end of the city we travel to the other end, whether it was to buy water or stationary. And then the first cake was cut on the side of a beach just like I always wanted. Maybe it would have been beautiful a lil more into the waters, but then still the same. I had a birthday buddy, sharing my same day but born a few years before and we reveled in all the attention we got. The journey later on was like on a travel through the clouds. The voices only got more nonsensical, the music louder, and the car faster. We don't remember how we got back to the place that we started, but we did know that the many destinations that we set foot on during the course of it. And whether i remember it or not, the pictures are there to remind me, of the freakishness that was last night. The globe that I dropped on the table, surprise being broken, "So are u really surprised?" asked for the nth time, 7 people in one car, non-blondes in a non-tinted car, the malliga-saaman list to "Mom"(He has a cool mother macha!), the 8 min and 8 month controversies, puking, puking and more puking, dancing with unknowns, unseens and the final kuthu for our kudumba kuthuvillakku. I now think how better could it have got, and I know it just couldn't get any better. When I woke up in the morning with a heavy weight on my head, I knew I had reached the limit. I had achieved it all and there was nothing more to it. I was finally over 23 and loving each moment. Looking back the year had been a first for so much in my life. So many ups and downs and confusions by the million. There was so much laughter as there were tears, so much confidence as there were fears. And I survived them all and still live today. It was the best befitting reply to a sexy, risky, ever filled with change year gone by. And it just could not have got any better.

1 comment:

Night's heed said...

23 and loving every single moment!
You ought to.... ;)