Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When a friend turns stranger.

He looked so familiar, like someone I knew back in college, and so agreed all my friends. Though I was never interested in this tall, dark, wierdo and even had moments of snubbing and shunning between ourselves, destiny willed otherwise. It brought us together in a twisted, unforseen way and we started talking. And there began a series of late night talks trying to outdo each other, sharing so much and finding a lot in common. Long walks, night outs, spending more than half or all our time together and enjoying it, loving it, living it. I had some of the best moments I could ever imagine. Or was it all just an act? Was there ever something common that tied us together?
Now when I stand at a distance looking at that same someone, I feel all those cords had been broken somehow, but how, when and where. Without even me knowing about it. Now a person I knew from head to tail, each smile, each grimace, every emotion, has suddenly turned a stranger. A stranger in a land that was always colorful only because he lived in it too. In a land that has also turned harsher and bitter to me just as he has. A land that waits for every opportunity to put me down and tell me I'm not worth a dime. I feel all so lonely in foreign place missing the one person I loved as a friend, more than a friend. But where has he gone? Why does he not understand? Or is it my fault as it always seems to be?

2 comments:

balajihands said...

why Complicate life?
Miss Someone -- Call
Wanna Meet up -- Invite
Wanna be understand -- Explain
Have Questions -- ask
Don;t like something -- Say it
Like something --- state it
want something --- ask for it
love someone --- tell it
Its better to express rather than to expect !!!

Maria said...

Its easier to say all this. Sadly as humans we think a lot. So much that we even forget why we started thinking, and that creates all the distance. When I miss someone I dont call bcos I THINK Im a disturbance. When I wanna be understood I dont explain bcos I THINK Im expecting beyond what Im entitled. When I have questions I dont ask bcos I THINK they would feel Im a fool. When I dont like something I dont say it bcos I THINK I would be hurting. When I want something I dont ask bcos I THINK I dont deserve it. When I love someone I dont tell it bcos I THINK it would spoil the beauty that we already have.. :)