Sunday, May 25, 2008

Civil Services Exam

Yes I did. I wrote te civil services exam today. I cant believe. Not having read one word in my optional subject (Indian History) and knowin jus basics in General studies I went and wrote an exam for which ppl learn close to 1200 books...it sounds too much but hey its true. Indian Civil Services are really demanding....shud be cos it deals with running the country. So how was the entry? Having lived in Chennai all my life, it’s a shame to say this, but yes, I dint no the school where the exam was to be held. So searching for it I was 10 mins late. Jus enough time before they chucked me out for being late. The examiner did frown upon me but he let me in. I took the paper and read the first question. Blank ! Next question? Blank ! And next? Blank again ! I dint wait to read all. I knew I wont no any of it (I dint no the answers as I saw at the end). So I started using my luck to full use. Guessing each answer. Inky, pinky ponky….oh ma jo shi…abra ca dabra. Every single thing I knew I used them there. So that’s how I cleared the first paper. No one wud have answered as many questions as I did. I answered 100 of 120. With no consideration of negative marks which were talked abt. I stepped out of the centre and drove to my aunt’s place, took rest there had lunch and started again for the next exam, General Studies. I expected it to be the same as this one. But no. I knew at least something in that. At least they were questions I cud relate to. That made it even difficult. Cos I thot I knew the answers, but I thot I dint no them too…It was better off writing Indian History. I finished it..act I dint. I stil had one question to work out wen the paper was pulled from me. That the worst part wen u no the answers !! Its ok but made me feel bad. Was something like I was mocking the ones writing the test. So many of them there to write it cos they want to sit in that prestigious place and here I was…writing it for fun. It wasn’t fair. In fact I felt it was unpatriotic. I was makin fun of my country along with others. Like I dint care for the exam. When that was not true. I look with respect at ppl who write this, with ppl in the IAS or IFS. They are the best minds in the country. Ones who have dedicated themselves to us, our country. Im sorry for wat I did. If I ever get another chance I’d study truly and do it to my best.

No comments: