Friday, May 9, 2008

The Knight riders are back !!

Their win after a string of defeats. Shudnt I be happy? No! I shud be jumping with joy. And I am. Wat a match it was. I felt so shocked at the total they made. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t difficult to get. A 129 was simple in Twenty20 esp now wen the overs made reduced to 16 wid 10 wickets left. The start was good. Four dot balls by Ashok Dhinde. I thot it wud be a maiden wen Arum Kumar hit the next ball off for a four. For all those high hopes of mine. I went on the same pace. As many say u cant say the result in cricket until the last ball I played. And I saw that here in this match. Till the last ball. The 14th over by Ishant Sharma was a really good one. All the different ways he bowled, getting into Boucher’s nerves Im sure. It was a wonderful over wid jus 4 runs given and the reqd run rate touched 13. Karthik came in for the penultimate over and wen he got that wicket from the first ball I thot “There we won it”. But no. Mark Boucher was not someone to let it go so easily. He hit a six and 2 fours in a row. Wat a will !! Made me remember the finals of the Twenty20 World Cup. Misbah-ul-Haq’s final attempt to stay in the game. He nearly got the team thru till a misjudged reverse sweep landed into our Sreeshant’s safe hands ending their dreams of winning at least once against our country in the World Cup. And here was another trying to snatch the victory away wen it was so close. Even wen Ishant came back for the last over it seemed nearly possible for them to win. Wen they had to get 11 runs from 2 balls I cudnt help but remember Javed Maindad’s final 2 sixes off the last 2 balls in a match against India long time back. It cud be repeated. In fact even wen that failed wid off the last ball der was the fear of Ishant giving a no-ball. It wasn’t impossible but wen it was a clean ball from his side I dint wait to see the result. I dint need to see. There was enough to keep me jumping the next hour. We’ve come back as a Phoenix does. We are team KKR.

No comments: