Monday, August 17, 2009

The long-awaited Marriage.

The last time I remember getting so excited for a mariage was for Benita's, over two years back. And then too it had nothing to do with clothes and stuff. I was just excited to go to Kerala and meet my cousins and spend time with them. But this time it seems more than that. For those who have not much idea, most marriages in India are like a festival. But a christian wedding, especially a Malayalee christian's is the most simple among all in the country. In sipte of it we look forward to it and have so many plans going into it, then just imagine the rest of the sects! And this is like that of a guy who I literally grew up with. Though over the years we went our separate ways, there was a time when he was someone I loved a lot, adored to the hilt. And he is finally getting married. And well from getting my sari to deciding which hairstyle to sport I'm like meticulously planning each detail, making sure it's the best. Of course he bought me a sari, but the rest of the choices are mine and I want it to match the sari's style. So how will I look on the D-day, how on the previous dinner. Getting compliments is something all like. Can I be left behind!? It was when my mom joined me in making sure I chose the best to wear that I understood. The excitement is infectious and not just limited to the younger generation. The most awaited event in the Broadway church, Chennai. A marriage is not just a family event in our church. Especially not when the people involved are like deep integrated within the church. And the countdown begins here. 5 days to go!

No comments: