Friday, June 11, 2010

Looking back after 2 months

The last post I had written here was when I first stepped into this country, a lone girl in a foreign place, no family, no friends. Scared?? Like hell I was! With a whole 3 months ahead of me, I really didn't know what would become of me in the bargain. But I had taken the step and so had to face it. Two months down and I can say I'm still sane, which means I survived. And it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Each day I just found something more. I could survive quite easily in new surroundings. I embrace change, though I show out that I hate it, I could adjust to a new place, new people and totally new environment without much ado! I was bored in the beginning, but then I kept myself busy, so much so I don't have time for myself now. I learnt new stuff, saw quite a few changes in me(though I still am the unpunctual,Miss Procrastination) and opened my eyes more to the wonders the village I was in beheld. I found people who were so ready to help me out each time I needed it, that most times I never knew how I got so lucky. Whether to drop me home, get me great home cooked food, give a ride to the airport or even a small shopping endeavor. I had company for everything which made sure I was never lonely or out on my own. I opened doors to a whole set of new exercises I would never have had the chance to try back home, be it dance or yoga. I never missed the television because my ever-willing-to-help roomie gave me a free Netflix card to keep me busy for the entire time that I would be here. Maybe I just got lucky! I just had too much help that let me settle in here. But I do know that its always the first time that's the most difficult. And it feels nice to have made it. Now as I look back, I see a different me going back home, hopefully for the better. Next time I hope they send me Europe. :D

1 comment:

Night's heed said...

Europe sounds great!! Then you'll get to pick some salsa moves and eat exotic chocolates!! :)