Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bidding Goodbye

I never knew it would be so difficult to leave, especially when I had been in it just for a year. To say goodbye to a city though I was never in love with it and was waiting to get out. But as I pack up my bags and get ready to bid adieu a string inside pulls me back, makes me wanna stay a few minutes longer, a few moments more. I might never get the attention that I always got here, not the care that all around me showered upon me, because now as I leave this town I'm a year older, a little more mature than how I was when I first stepped in. Then it was all a wonder, those big 747's, the never ending corridors of Frankfurt, the huge glass buildings, cubicles where I could sleep in, the white lady who softly melted on my fingertips, speeding cars, amazing drives on the winding Interstates, displays that tricked to shop even if I dropped, the deals I checked online, the weather alerts on my desktop, maps i consulted on every travel. I could go on and on. On wonders this country offered me. It was different totally and it should be. I was 8800 miles away from my birthplace and on the other side of the world where the sun sets only at 9 at night but makes sure to rise at 5 every day. I was in a different sphere altogether and I enjoyed the changes it brought with it. I loved the attention I got here, the smiles on everyone's face, the tidings I received even from strangers, the life in each and every individual. So when I leave it all to go back home, while one part of me smiles at the thought of the chaats back home, the other weeps silently for having to let go.

No comments: