Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The third day

Sleeping at 12 in the nite I cant expect myself to get up early next morn. I dint and so I got up oly at 7.30 in time to get ready and hav breakfast jus to find out that some God’s child had accepted to donate all our breakfast for the next 2 days in lieu of lent..!! Not eating non-veg itself is something. Where did not having breakfast come..!? Well wat to do…We headed towards the main hall, jus sat down for session-the third part of the main theme (Celebrating and rediscovering Christ through Orthodoxy in our Service) wen Blessy chechi called me to help out for the workshops. There were supposed to be 2 and we had to arrange 19 rooms for that (I dint do 19 but then…). So we had to help out in that. Well till now ive not mentioned any one person who were there in the MGOCSM na…so here are the names…the ppl I met through as of today (the third day).
Denny- I knew this guy already. He lives close to my place but I hav no idea wer his house is. And ya he’s my route mate (means we both traverse the same route to reach our coll bus [:)])
Shaino- obv…i knew this guy since so long. Every event in his life. One frnd I’ll ever forget for one act of his, one help that he did…of course there are times I get on his nerves, never callin him for weeks or even months tog…but that’s one relationship I like n enjoy… the one I share with Shaino. [:)]
Shaji achcha/uncle- met him at the conference. He’s from avadi aussi. And all I no abt him is he’s always wid his camera mob taking pics n videos of all and sundry.
Sherrin- though I did no her before the conference knew her so close only after this conf. So here we get tog again.
Alex achacha- Conference again. He was in charge of the food committee with Jeson. Came to no dem cos blessychechi n susanchechi (who wer also der in FC) called me over at times.
Jeson- He tricked me by taking my mob and msgin that he was a girl. Nearly believed him till he flawed one step.
Nithin- Conference. He’s Denny’s room mate.
Hmmm…So coming back to the workshops. It was taken care of by Jugnu aunty. And after getting everything ready they cancelled off one session of the workshop (there was supposed to be 2). Anyhow I ended up helping for flower arrangement and wat did I get…? 2 sets of bouquets (3 actually). Such beautiful flowers arranged wonderfully. It is truly an art of its own.
Well after the workshops we broke for tea and I headed to the main hall to take care of the t-shirt counter and that’s wer I got to know Jobin. Now wat do I say abt this guy. One non-stop chatter box, full of energy, always bringing a smile on the face...even wen he’s angry !!...Im still in touch…No that sentence is wrong…He’s still in touch…calling up everyday to enquire abt me…why…?? Whatever it is he’s different as so many others. Hmmm…so this was a place wer I met so many ppl (guys to be precise). Sets of them comin over, askin for t-shirts, arguing over the ones we give, checking it for ‘manufacturing defects’, giving orders et al. this is wen I knew how dangerous handling money was. One small mistake and I’ll hav to shell out 150 for naught. I’ll stop with the t-shirt thing here. Let me talk abt dinner. Dinner with alex, shaji, blessy, susan, jobin and nithin. We missed Tom Alter’s play but I was able to view another play I never wud hav otherwise. ‘The salt and hot water’ play that hapnd that morn at 5 in the morn. I mite elucidate it later but no space here. Anyways it was a dinner to remember.
Shud I go on to the ideal unit competition? Nope, I’ll jus give the pics. One can understand how much was there from that itself. But Bangalore team was too good. That concept was very different, creative idea to show a nice concept. It went on til 2.30 in the morn.
And very few of us (jus me n Lini along with AMMA ppl) were up till then shouting and encouraging. That AMMA gang…I think I shud give a separate page for them itself. They came from so far off and I cant believe Chennai had such a strong MGOCSM group. But it did. A group of smart, talented, sophisticated young people. It shows how active the Chennai church was once upon a time. It does make me feel sad that group is missing now. I don’t mean the ones now are not good. Otherwise how wud they hav done such a gr8 event, taken it forward so far, planned it all so well, made it such a success. But still that gang was even better. There was a josh in there, a sort of oneness, even after so many yrs we cud see a bonding among them all that was lacking in us. Sadly yes…they were tog in words and action, we were together only in words. Made me wish I was born then. At least just to hav seen this wonderful set grow up.

No comments: